- Contacting the press office
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Copyright , References & Authorship on this website
Contacting the press office
For press and media enquiries, comments or background information
call the Eating Disorder Recovery Center (EDRC) addictions.net press office direct on 636.225.3700
or e-mail: email@example.com
Eating Disorder Recovery Center (EDRC) is happy to help with background information and briefings on all aspects of eating disorders.
- We ask that journalists try to strike a balance between “serious” and “hopeless,” and always encourage people to seek help for themselves or loved ones who are suffering. Recovery is long and often expensive, but it is achievable and there are many options available.
- Please include EDRC's Information number and web link to information and treatment resources wherever possible. This helps people move beyond fear to a place of hope.
Toll-free Helpline: begin_of_the_skype_highlighting 636.225.3700 end_of_the_skype_highlighting800-931-2237
- If you need more information, please ask! The Eating Disorder Recovery Center has the latest resources. (We will not, for ethical and legal reasons, provide people who are in the throes of an illness to talk about their disease to the media.)
- For more information, please see these handouts:
Guidelines for Sharing Stories of Recovery
The anti-stigma body, Shift, has a detailed guide for journalists on reporting mental health issues.